So, I’ve got a Filipino problem! California breaks Filipinos out as a separate demographic from both Asians and from Pacific Islanders. Culturally, I can understand that. We owned the Phillippines for awhile (they might still be a protectorate for all I know) and they were colonized by Spain for a whole lotta years before that. They aren’t really cultural Asian or PI after all that Spanish/American influence. However, this is annoying me. I don’t have a Filipino spot in my spreadsheet! I’ve considered adding them together with the Asian or PI numbers, but I don’t know. I really had no clue I’d run into so many data issues for something as straightforward as “get test assessment data and plug into excel”.
- Reflections on Summer Research
- What to do about the Filipinos!
- Willie L Brown Jr. Elementary School
- Strange Things Along the Way
- Forward Motion!
- Data + Excel = *yawn*
- Draft Essay: Intro/stereotype/partial data sample
- Comedic Relief? (also completely irrelevent)
- 250-Word Abstract
- Criteria for Social Disclosure of Toponymic Status Rating
- Adam's Stress & Anxiety Study
- Amanda's Zebrafish Development Research
- Bo's Ethics of Cheating in Video Games Research
- Chris' Violent Societies Study
- Eric's Emerging Christianity/Emerging Church Movement Research
- Jamie's Effectiveness of South Dakota Arts Council’s Artists in the Schools Program Study
- Josh's Nanowire study
- Karl's "The Gavel on Ballot Initiatives: Hubris or Adequate Balance?"
- Katie's Developing Statistical Reasoning Curriculum for Middle School Summer Camp project
- Mitch's AT1 Study